Shrine Mont recommends the following process:
- Contact Shrine Mont Guest Services to see if your preferred wedding date and desired facilities (rooms for reception, accommodations for guests, etc.) are available. This preliminary consultation is only to check on the feasibility of the date and does not imply any reservation or contract. Nothing may be booked until the Bishop has approved the wedding.
- The officiating clergy must submit the APPLICATION TO OFFICIATE to the Bishop of Virginia per the instructions on the form. The application may be downloaded or obtained from Shrine Mont. The response time from the bishop's office is no less than 30 days.
- Upon receipt of approval from the Bishop, a request for use of the the Cathedral Shrine and related facilities may be submitted to Shrine Mont's Guest Services and booked depending on availability.
- Upon booking, a fifty percent deposit is required when confirming the date. The balance is due on the day of the event.
Please note the following policies:
- The rate for use of the Cathedral Shrine is $500. Rates for other space for receptions are dependent on the number of guest rooms reserved and booked by the wedding party and will be negotiiated with Guest Services.
- Shrine Mont does not cater. If a caterer needs to use Shrine Mont kitchen facilities, prior approval is required. Rates for kitchen use vary upon request and can be obtained at the time of request.
- Use of Shrine Mont's tables, chairs and other equipment is limited. Consult a local rental business if extra equipment is needed, for example, round tables, chairs, linens, etc.
- No candles in Shrine Mont buildings. No exceptions.
- Alcohol consumption is limited to beer, wine, and champagne only. There must be ample alternative non alcoholic beverages prominently available.
- Quiet hour at Shrine Mont is 10:00 p.m. This time will be strictly enforced.
Contact Guest Services for additional information.