Guests can unload their vehicles between the seven row cottages and the Maryland or Pennsylvania Houses; after unloading, vehicles must be moved to the parking area located south of the Lower Pavilion. Parking is prohibited along the gravel road between Maryland House, Pennsylvania House, 7 row cottages, lawns or other grassy areas. This is due to Fire Regulations and accessibility to these areas by emergency vehicles. Handicap parking will be the only exception to this rule. This policy will be strictly adhered to and towing will be enforced if necessary. For guests staying in the "Uphill" cottages, there is some additional parking next to Atkeson Cottage and in front of Brown and Art Hall.
MESSAGES / TELEPHONES / INTERNET
Messages will be posted on the message board by the Virginia House front desk. If the message is urgent, we will deliver it to the coordinator for your group. Normal Shrine Mont office hours are 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. When Shrine Mont is open The Virginia House front desk is staffed from 8:00 am - 9:00 pm. In case of emergency Shrine Mont's main number can be reached 24 hours a day. There are phones available for guests in the Virginia House lobby area. A prepaid calling card or your long-distance carrier pin # is needed for dialing long distance. The Virginia House and Tucker Lodge complex now offer complimentary wireless Internet access. Call for more information.
Your bedrooms are designed to be restful and relaxing. There are no telephones or televisions in the rooms. No air conditioning. We have very few security concerns and a full time night security.
WHAT TO BRING
Extra pillows if desired, pool towels, toiletries, rain gear, flashlight, bug spray, casual attire and a fan.
Shenandoah Memorial Hospital is located in Woodstock, VA, 30 minutes from Orkney Springs.
Mt. Jackson Medical Center is located 15 minutes from Orkney Springs.
Local Fire, Police and Rescue Squad available.
Pharmacy located in Mt. Jackson.
The policy concerning the use of alcoholic beverages at Church functions, or on the property of Shrine Mont by any guests will be as follows:
- Alcohol is not to be served to minors according to state laws.
- When alcoholic beverages are to be served, nonalcoholic beverages must also be provided in an equally attractive manner so that those who choose not to drink are not inconvenienced or given any reason to feel embarrassment.
- A responsible adult must be in charge of the distribution and storage of alcoholic beverages to insure that it is consumed in an appropriate manner and is not being offered to any minors present. Alcoholic beverages may not be left in meeting areas unattended or overnight.
- The group leader prior to the serving of any food or beverage, which contains alcohol, must consult the Director.
- Shrine Mont will not sell any such alcoholic beverages.
- Groups must respect the needs, wishes, and desires of other guests at Shrine Mont while using or not using alcoholic beverages, except when they are used for religious purposes.
- Individual guests may have drinks in their own room or cottage, but no alcoholic beverages are allowed in the public areas such as dining rooms or lobbies (unless as part of a group reception as authorized by the Director).
LOCAL PET BOARDING
Shrine Mont has a strict no pets policy.
The following is a listing of local businesses that board pets. This list is provided as a service to Shrine Mont guests and Shrine Mont does not endorse any of these businesses.
Ashby Gap Kennels
Phone: (540) 837-1110
Please contact Shrine Mont at (540) 856-2141 if you have any questions or comments about these businesses.