Shrine Mont opens April 9
Shrine Mont will be open for the 2021 season on April 9, 2021. Click HERE for a preview on our 2021 programs.
Click HERE for an invitation to visit Shrine Mont this spring.
Our mission of being “A Place Apart” has a completely new meaning for folks who have been staying at home or self-quarantined for weeks if not months. The Shrine Mont leadership and staff feel compelled to fulfill our mission now more than ever. We are working hard to find a way to be a safe retreat for both our guests and our staff. This winter our housekeeping department will continue to take the necessary steps to ensure that we are meeting CDC, state and our local health department Covid-19 guidelines. We will be taking temperatures when necessary, wearing masks, adding hand washing and hand sanitizing stations around the grounds. We will require appropriate social distancing.
Contact our guest services department for more information and to make a reservation.
Click HERE to download Shrine Mont's Guidelines for your and our safety.
This page will be updated regularly with the latest information on Shrine Mont's response to the COVID-19 virus.
If you have a questions or concerns about an upcoming reservation later at Shrine Mont, please feel free to contact our guest services department.
Shrine Mont is working to make sure we are as safe we possibly can be for our guests and our staff. We will follow the Forward Virginia Guideline recommendations outlined by the governor and appropriate practices outlined Health Department and CDC regarding the cleaning of facilities and continue to communicate with our staff and guests about the basic safe practices outlined by the CDC.
Click here to see on-line resources at The Diocese of Virginia to help parishes and individuals during this time of isolation from your parish family.
If you would like to help Shrine Mont overcome the loss of business, click here to make your tax deductible contribution. Note that the CARES act legislation allows for up to $300 in gifts to qualified nonprofit organizations can be deducted in 2020 under a universal deduction. That means that even if you don't itemize, you can now make this deduction on you 2020 taxes!
Frequently Asked Questions
Updated March 30 (Most recent updates in RED)
When will Shrine Mont open?
Shrine Mont is now open following the Forward Virginia recommendations set forth by the governor.
We are continuing to monitor the situation and will update our COVID-19 page as things change.
Are you holding worship services in the Cathedral Shrine of the Transfiguration?
Services will be held regularly following the guidelines set forth by the Diocese of Virginia beginning April 11, 2021. Watch the Shrine Mont website for Sunday morning schedule.
Can I work remotely from Shrine Mont?
Absolutely. WiFi is available in the public spaces in the Virginia House and the Tucker complex
Has the COVID-19 outbreak had an impact on Shrine Mont?
Yes. The shortened 2020 season had immediate and long-term financial impact on our ability to serve our guests and our employees who count on us for their livelihood. Our hope is that 2021 will grow to be a better year.
Shrine Mont’s greatest strength in dealing with the current situation is our community – our loyal customers, guests, friends and donors. We are confident that we will welcome back many people who will enjoy our hospitality and a well needed retreat from the events of this year.
How do I make a reservation?
Call guest services at 540-856-2141 to make a winter rental.
What will happen with the Shrine Mont Camps?
An abbreviated version Shrine Mont Camps will begin in on July 4, 2021. There will be 4 one-week sessions for ages 8-14 as well as a session for ages 15-18 and St. Elizabeth's Camp. Click here for more information on the camps.
There will also be 5 family weekends (Wednesday - Sunday) in July, Click here for more information and to register.
Is Bryce Resort open?
Bryce Resort is currently offering its regular lineup of activities including golf, the downhill bike park, lake Laura and disc golf. There is no longer a zip line.
What can I do to help Shrine Mont through this difficult time?
- If you have a reservation, please plan on coming as you are able and feel comfortable doing so,
- If you want to come stay for a week or a weekend, contact our reservations department to request a reservation. Space is opening up through the fall and we are glad to provide a safe place apart.
- If you are unable to reschedule your reservation for 2020 and you are able to make a gift, please consider making your payment as a donation to Shrine Mont. Shrine Mont is a 501(C)(3) organization and your gift will qualify as a charitable donation.
Can I come to Shrine Mont just to walk around?
- We appreciate the general public’s desire to walk around our grounds, however we ask that everyone respect our property and the CDC guidelines with respect to social distancing.
- Shrine Mont buildings are closed to the general public and there are no public restrooms available
- No overnight camping is permitted on Shrine Mont property.
What are you doing to keep guests safe in light of the COVID-19 virus?
- Shrine Mont is working with the Shenandoah County Health Department and following the governor's Forward Virginia recommendations and CDC guidelines with respect to guest room and meeting rooms cleanliness including the use of approved COVID-19 preventive cleaners. Some of our precautions include:
- Screening guests and staff upon arrival at Shrine Mont and daily.
- Leaving a buffer between rentals for airing out, followed by sanitation of the cottage by Shrine Mont housekeeping staff
- Shrine Mont will provide sheets and a bathmat. Guests will be required to bring their own pillow, bedding, towels and any sports equipment they wish to use.
- Each cottage will have a cleaning kit so guests can clean highly touched surfaces as needed.
Will Shrine Mont's pool be open?
Shrine Mont's pool will open Memorial Day Weekend
Can I make a gift to Shrine Mont to help during this down time?
Yes, gifts are greatly appreciated at this time. Donations may be made via the Shrine Mont website. www.shrinemont.com/donate or checks can be made out to Shrine Mont and mailed to PO Box 10, Orkney Springs, VA 22845
Remember that the recently passed CARES act legislation allows anyone to make tax deductible gifts totaling $300 to qualified charities in 2020 whether they itemize or not!