Six Shrine Mont Winter Rental Cottages available
Shrine Mont closed for the season on October 25, 2020. We thank all who stayed with us during our abbreviated season and we are hopeful that we will reopen in mid-April 2021. There are currently six cottages available for winter rental. These houses have kitchens for guests to use. Shrine Mont has 1,100 acres to explore which is perfect for social distancing!
Our mission of being “A Place Apart” has a completely new meaning for folks who have been staying at home or self-quarantined for weeks if not months. The Shrine Mont leadership and staff feel compelled to fulfill our mission now more than ever. We are working hard to find a way to be a safe retreat for both our guests and our staff. This winter our housekeeping department will continue to take the necessary steps to ensure that we are meeting CDC, state and our local health department Covid-19 guidelines. We will be taking temperatures when necessary, wearing masks, adding hand washing and hand sanitizing stations around the grounds. We will require appropriate social distancing.
Contact our guest services department for more information and to make a reservation.
Click HERE to download Shrine Mont's Guidelines for phase 3 stays.
This page will be updated regularly with the latest information on Shrine Mont's response to the COVID-19 virus.
If you have a questions or concerns about an upcoming reservation later at Shrine Mont, please feel free to contact our guest services department.
Shrine Mont is working to make sure we are as safe we possibly can be for our guests and our staff. We will follow the phase two recommendations outlined by the governor and appropriate practices outlined Health Department and CDC regarding the cleaning of facilities and continue to communicate with our staff and guests about the basic safe practices outlined by the CDC.
Click here to see on-line resources at The Diocese of Virginia to help parishes and individuals during this time of isolation from your parish family.
If you would like to help Shrine Mont overcome the loss of business, click here to make your tax deductible contribution. Note that the CARES act legislation allows for up to $300 in gifts to qualified nonprofit organizations can be deducted in 2020 under a universal deduction. That means that even if you don't itemize, you can now make this deduction on you 2020 taxes!
Frequently Asked Questions
Updated November 6, 2020 (Most recent updates in RED)
When will Shrine Mont open?
Shrine Mont is now open following the phase 3 recommendations set forth by the governor. Six winter cottages are available for rent.
Shrine Mont will close on October 25, 2020. After then, our winter cottages will be available.
We are continuing to monitor the situation and will update our COVID-19 page as things change.
Are you holding worship services in the Cathedral Shrine of the Transfiguration?
There are no worship services scheduled in the Shrine this winter
Can I work remotely from Shrine Mont?
Absolutely. Beginning November 6, the six cottages that Shrine Mont rents in winter will be available and have Wi-Fi.
Has the COVID-19 outbreak had an impact on Shrine Mont?
Yes. Because of COVID-19, Shrine Mont had to delay our opening until June 19 and remained open until October 25. This shortened season had immediate and long-term financial impact on our ability to serve our guests and our employees who count on us for their livelihood.
Shrine Mont’s greatest strength in dealing with the current situation is our community – our loyal customers, guests, friends and donors. We are confident that we will welcome back many people who will enjoy our hospitality and a well needed retreat from the events of this year.
How do I make a reservation?
Call guest services at 540-856-2141 to make a winter rental.
What will happen with the Shrine Mont Camps?
Is Bryce Resort open?
Bryce Resort is currently offering its regular lineup of activities including golf, the downhill bike park, lake Laura and disc golf. The zip line is closed until further notice.
What can I do to help Shrine Mont through this difficult time?
- If you have a reservation, please plan on coming as you are able and feel comfortable doing so,
- If you want to come stay for a week or a weekend, contact our reservations department to request a reservation. Space is opening up through the fall and we are glad to provide a safe place apart.
- If you are unable to reschedule your reservation for 2020 and you are able to make a gift, please consider making your payment as a donation to Shrine Mont. Shrine Mont is a 501(C)(3) organization and your gift will qualify as a charitable donation.
Can I come to Shrine Mont just to walk around?
- We appreciate the general public’s desire to walk around our grounds, however we ask that everyone respect our property and the CDC guidelines with respect to social distancing.
- Please note that hunting season for firearms is October 31 - November 28. Please limit hiking to between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm. We strongly encourage hikers to wear blaze orange.
- All Shrine Mont buildings are closed and there are no public restrooms available
- No overnight camping is permitted on Shrine Mont property.
What are you doing to keep guests safe in light of the COVID-19 virus?
- Shrine Mont is working with the Shenandoah County Health Department and following the governor's phase three recommendations and CDC guidelines with respect to guest room and meeting rooms cleanliness including the use of approved COVID-19 preventive cleaners. Some of our precautions include:
- Screening guests and staff upon arrival at Shrine Mont and daily.
- Leaving a buffer between rentals for airing out, followed by sanitation of the cottage by Shrine Mont housekeeping staff
- Shrine Mont will provide sheets and a bathmat. Guests will be required to bring their own pillow, bedding, towels and any sports equipment they wish to use.
- Each cottage will have a cleaning kit so guests can clean highly touched surfaces as needed.
- Public spaces are closed for the winter
Will Shrine Mont's pool be open?
Shrine Mont's pool is closed for the season.
Can I make a gift to Shrine Mont to help during this down time?
Yes, gifts are greatly appreciated at this time. Donations may be made via the Shrine Mont website. www.shrinemont.com/donate or checks can be made out to Shrine Mont and mailed to PO Box 10, Orkney Springs, VA 22845
Remember that the recently passed CARES act legislation allows anyone to make tax deductible gifts totaling $300 to qualified charities in 2020 whether they itemize or not!