The Virginia House

The Shrine Mount Conference Center

The Virginia HouseThe Virginia House (formerly known as the Orkney Springs Hotel) is listed in the National Register of Historic Places and was purchased by Shrine Mont in 1979. With its white clapboard structure and tall, green-shuttered windows, The Virginia House is four stories high. The 96,000 square-foot structure was built in 1873 and restored in 1987. At that time, the common areas, meeting rooms and dining facilities were renovated.

The medicinal waters and the curative powers of the numerous springs in and around Orkney Springs have brought travelers to this quaint Virginia village at the foot of the Great North Mountain since the early nineteeth century. In the 1850's the Orkney Springs Hotel began its construction and the main facility, The Virginia House was completed in 1873. With its white clapboard structure and tall, green-shuttered windows, The Virginia House is four stories high. The 96,000 square-foot building includes a 5,000 square foot Ball Room, a forty foot by one hundred fifty foot dining hall and numerous small meeting and break out rooms. The Virginia House is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.

The Virginia House

In 1979 Shrine Mont purchased the Orkney Springs Hotel and the surrounding 1,000 acres of land and restored the facility in 1987. At that time the common areas, meeting rooms and dining facilities were renovated.

Today more than 15,000 people pass through the Shrine Mont Conference Center each year.