Shrine Mont guest services and policies...
- All group participants must register with the person in charge of their group. A participant list and agenda should be left with Shrine Mont management.
- Check-in is at 4 pm; Checkout is at 11 am, unless another time is arranged with the Executive Director.
- At check out the retreat coordinator should fill out a Check-Out Form located at the Virginia House Front Desk. The final bill will be based on this information. Shrine Mont will not collect from individuals within the group, but rather will accept and expect one check in full for payments due. Any exceptions must be cleared in advance with the Executive Director.
- Shrine Mont does not assume responsibility for loss of property. Items left at Shrine Mont will be returned if possible at the guest's expense.
- Shrine Mont welcomes children and children’s programs. Children should not be brought to an adult oriented conference unless they are to be fully included in the conference and/or under the direct supervision of their parents.
- NO SMOKING in any Shrine Mont Building (including porches)! Groups are encouraged to schedule breaks for such outside.
- NO CANDLES are permitted in any Shrine Mont Building.
- NO PETS are allowed at Shrine Mont (except for service animals with proper ducumentation). A $125.00 daily fee will be assessed from anyone not in compliance with this policy. Click here for a list of local boarding facilities.
- Charges are made for damage to property beyond normal wear and tear. (This also includes damages to Shrine Mont walls from the use of tape, thumbtacks, etc.).
- The use of illegal drugs is strictly prohibited.
- Private individuals desiring to use Shrine Mont may do so if space and scheduling permit. The month of August is generally set-aside for individuals and families at Shrine Mont’s stated daily and weekly rates. Reservations required.
- Groups and Individual guests will be required to make payment for all meals ordered at the time a final count of the group is given (7 business days prior to arrival), regardless of whether or not they are actually consumed, as long as they are provided.
- There is a "Tip Box" in each dining facility. Tips are equally distributed to kitchen staff and housekeeping staff. Tipping is at the discretion of the group or individual.
- NO ROLLER BLADES OR SKATEBOARDS are allowed on Shrine Mont property.
- All phone messages come directly to the office. Shrine Mont staff will do their best to deliver your messages to you, but the group leader or individual guests should check the office or message board occasionally.
- There are no phones in any of the rooms or cottages. Guests may use the phone located in the Virginia House lobby or Tucker Hall. Cell phone service is very limited.
- Quiet Hour is 10:00 pm.